Trifecta Crucible Kiln (Glass Blower's Furnace) - 240 Volt - Volume: 4.82 CU.FT. - Width: 28" - Depth: 13.25" - Paragon
The Trifecta glass blower’s kiln will take you to a new level of production. It holds three crucibles, which you can access through three 9” holes in the lid. Enjoy the freedom of mixing custom glass colors. Make huge glass figurines, paperweights, blown vessels, stringers, and much more. Pull your own neon tubing. Make glass castings. The Trifecta is a glass blower’s dream kiln, designed by glass blowers. This kiln is pure celebration.
Crucible Covers, Extra Wall Insulation, K-25 Firebricks
The three crucible holes each include a firebrick crucible cover with wooden handle. The lid is held in place with four T-handle spring latches. (The lid does not have a hinge.) Four hand lifts are mounted to the lid.
The 3” thick, high temperature K-25 firebrick walls are wrapped with ceramic fiber blanket between the firebricks and stainless steel case. As with the walls, the K-25 firebrick lid and bottom are 3” thick, which is 20% thicker than the standard 2 1/2” firebrick. The extra insulation and heavy-duty elements are designed for very long heat soaks. Check the crucibles through the peephole, which is tapered for easy viewing. Four hand lifts aid in moving the kiln.
Platinum Thermocouple, Industrial Mercury Relay
The deluxe S-Type platinum thermocouple with ceramic protection tube is standard on all Trifecta kilns. This deluxe, hassle-free thermocouple far outlasts the standard K-Type for your peace of mind.
A mercury relay, ideal for long firings, is standard on the Trifecta. (The relay sends power from the controller to the heating elements.) The industrial mercury relay in this kiln outlasts mechanical relays. The life of the quiet, reliable mercury relay has been measured in millions of on/off cycles.
Separate Bottom, Steel Base Plate, 9” Stand
The Trifecta has a separate bottom section held in place with four T-handle spring latches. Should a crucible crack during firing and leak glass onto the firebrick bottom, merely replace the damaged bottom section. With the detachable bottom, you won’t worry about damage from a crucible “incident.”
A 9” tall kiln stand is included at no extra charge. The stand is complete with mar-proof plastic feet. A heavy galvanized steel base covers the reversible brick bottom completely. It folds up under the stainless case on all sides to strengthen the firing chamber. This is one more assurance that your reliable Paragon kiln is built to last.
A Convenient Digital Controller
The Trifecta includes the Sentry Xpress digital controller. Because of the extended holds at high temperatures, the controller is in a separate wall-mounted panel and attached to the kiln with 6’ cables. This keeps the controller away from the heat for longer life. Program the digital controller for the exact consistency of glass melt that you desire. Enjoy predictable results. You can also use the kiln for pottery or glass fusing. The kiln comes with a one year warranty. (Please note: Due to the long firing cycles of a crucible kiln, the warranty does not cover the heating elements.)
The Trifecta has three elements. If one element burns out, the kiln will still have 2/3 of its original power. This may not be enough to keep the glass molten, but it might give the glass blower additional time to use up the glass and save the crucible. You will know an element burned out because you will see a drop in temperature.
Wires are fastened to the elements with heat-dissipating connectors refined and proven over many years in Paragon kilns. Elements are coiled from the finest high-temperature wire available. The Trifecta control box is finished in a durable high temperature, water-base blue paint, which releases low emissions in the factory during spraying. This creates a safer working environment for our employees and cuts down on pollution.
And, of course, the glass blower’s Trifecta furnace is made in America by skilled workers. Many of them have been with Paragon for over a decade. Paragon is proud to be an employee-focused company.
The Amazing Digital Controller
The reliable Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with exciting features. It includes two firing modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Non-Ceramic Paragon Kilns
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold. Experiment with Hold to improve color saturation of china paints.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- A Quick Start Guide to place near your kiln as a handy reference
Designed for production
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.
- Max Temp: 2350° F | 1287° C
- Voltage: 240
- Amps: 48
- Phase: 1
- Hertz: 60
- Watts: 11500
- Cordset: Nema 6-50R
- Controller: Sentry Xpress 4.0 Digital 3-Key
- Kiln Type: Top Loading Round
- Sides: 12
- Chamber Volume: 4.82 CU.FT. | 136.49 Liters
- Wall Thickness (Inches): 3″
- Top Thickness (Inches): 3″
- Bottom Thickness (Inches): 3″
- Width Diameter: 28.0″ - 711mm
- Depth: 13.25″ - 337mm
- Outer Size: 38.0″W x 45.0"D x 36.0″H | 965W x 1143D x 914H mm - The external kiln height includes a 9" tall stand.
- Ship Size: 42.0″W x 47.0″D x 31.0″H | 1067W x 1194D x 787H mm