F500 Front Load Digital Kiln - 240 Volt - Width: 24" - Height: 22.25" - Depth: 18" - Paragon
We are constantly improving the F-500. The kiln is designed for annealing large glass figurines, beads, and marbles and is made at the Paragon factory in Mesquite, Texas USA. Imagine the huge glass pieces you could make with a kiln this large.
The massive F-500, with its towering door counter-weights and handsome black finish, is a workhorse that will raise your production. The F-500 simplifies annealing so you can immerse yourself in creating breathtaking ware.
Raise the counter-weight vertical-drop door to insert a punty rod and glass. Lower the door. The punty rod extends outside the firing chamber through a smaller punty rod door. The main door is balanced so it stays open where you stop it. Maintain the annealing temperature indefinitely with the Sentry Xpress 3-key controller.
Two 4” x 10 1/2” punty rod doors retain the heat
The main door includes two 4” x 10 1/2” punty rod doors. Two flexible gaskets under each door help to retain the heat. The punty rods can extend outside the kiln through the gap under the doors. This allows the doors to remain fully closed. The ceramic fiber punty rod doors are a full two inches thick to help retain heat. Rare-earth magnets hold the doors in the open and closed positions.
Adjustable rod rest
You can adjust the rod rest, which is positioned in front of the punty rod doors, with wing bolts. Adjust it horizontally and vertically without tools. Or remove the rod rest altogether when you don’t need it.
Durable 3” thick insulating firebricks; side elements
The insulating firebricks, wrapped in heavy-gauge steel, soak up heat for slow, efficient cooling. The firebricks are 3” thick, 20% thicker than the standard 2 1/2” bricks, throughout the top, walls, bottom, and door. The heating elements are protected in dropped, recessed wall grooves for trouble-free firing. Wires are fastened to the elements with heat-dissipating connectors refined and proven over many years in Paragon kilns. Elements are coiled from the finest high-temperature wire available. The F-500 has no roof elements.
Heavy duty components
Costly heavy-gauge nickel-plated copper wiring is covered with high temperature glass-braided insulation. The thermocouple, which senses temperature inside the kiln, is protected with a high-nickel stainless steel sheath for long life. The built-in base stays cool even during extended hold times.
Industrial grade mercury relay
A mercury relay is standard on the F-500. The relay sends power to the elements on command from the digital controller. The industrial-grade mercury relay far outlasts mechanical relays. The life of the quiet, reliable mercury relay has been measured in millions of on/off cycles.
Features of the F500
- 3-key digital Sentry Xpress controller
- 15” deep firing chamber (measured with doors closed)
- 3” thick firebrick roof, walls, door, and floor
- Mercury relay
- Precisely balanced counter-weight vertical-drop door
- 2” thick ceramic fiber 4” x 10 1/2” punty rod doors with double gaskets
- Rare earth magnets hold the punty rod door open or closed
- Thermocouple with high-nickel stainless steel sheath for long life
- Mandrel holder adjusts without tools
- 1200°F maximum temperature
- Dropped, recessed element grooves in the walls
- Mar-proof rubber feet
- On-off switch for your convenience
- Made in the USA
Convenient digital temperature controller
The F-500 has a user-friendly 3-key Sentry Xpress 4.0 Digital Controller which includes two firing modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold. The solid-state controller continually monitors the firing so you can spend your time productively without closely watching the kiln. The sealed controller touch pad keeps out dust and is easy to wipe clean.
The thermocouple, which senses the temperature, is protected with a high-nickel stainless steel sheath for long trouble free life.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C.
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual.
- A Quick Start Guide to place near your kiln as a handy reference.
High temperature black finish
The F-500 is proudly made in America to exacting standards. It has a durable high temperature, water-base finish. We chose water-base paint because of the low emissions during spraying.
Thermocouple with “special limit” wire
The thermocouple senses temperature inside the kiln. It is the small rod that extends into the firing chamber. The ¼” wide Type-K, 14-gauge, exposed-tip thermocouple is made with special-limit wire for superior accuracy. The exposed tip gives the controller a fast response time for even temperatures during holds. The thermocouple is made in America to our exacting standards.
Designed for production
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.
- Max Temp: 1200° F | 648° C
- Voltage: 240
- Amps: 29
- Phase: 1
- Hertz: 60
- Watts: 6850
- Cordset: NEMA 6-30R
- Controller: Sentry Xpress 4.0 Digital 3-Key
- Kiln Type: Front Loading Sqaure
- Sides: 4
- Chamber Volume: 5.50 CU.FT. | 155.74 Liters
- Width: 24.0″ - 610mm
- Depth: 18.0″ - 457mm
- Height: 22.25″ - 565mm
- Outer Size: 35.0″W x 29.0″D x 38.0″H | 889W x 737D x 965H mm
- Ship Size: 47.0″W x 47.0″D x 66.0″H | 1194W x 1194D x 1676H mm
Ratings & Reviews
by Joe L -
This was an awesome purchase. I was in dire need of a larger kiln with a legitimate door/ access. I was looking at the Scutts and they are incredible.. But then i saw this, which was bigger and a little less expensive. It has ran flawlessly for years. Paragon really did a good job with this model. I could fit inside.