Xpress-E-10A Digital Table Top Kiln - 120 Volt - Width: 8.5" - Height: 8.75" - Depth: 9" - Paragon
The digital Xpress-E-10A fires to 2000°F- ideal for enameling, china painting, glass art and jewelry. The digital Sentry Xpress controller includes temperature hold, making this kiln suitable for silver clay. The 3-key digital controller is in the base. The front control panel is tilted for easy operation of the digital controller. Because this model no longer has the side-mounted switch box, it saves tabletop space.
Unlatch and open the door with one hand; the latch operates so smoothly that delicate copper enameling or silver clay pieces remain undisturbed while opening or closing the door.
The door opens smoothly on a heavy-duty 1/2” hinge shaft. The firebricks store heat for quick temperature recovery after removing a copper enameling piece.
The Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. It includes two modes: Single Segment and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on the Xpress-E-10A
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold. Experiment with Hold to improve color saturation of china paints.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- A Quick Start Guide to place near your kiln as a handy reference
The heating element, exposed in dropped, recessed insulating firebrick grooves, is easy to replace. It needs no element pins. Unlatch and open the door with one hand. No extra stand is needed; the built-in base stays cool during operation.
Thermocouple with “special limit” wire
The thermocouple senses temperature inside the kiln. It is the small rod that extends into the firing chamber. The ¼” wide Type-K, 14-gauge, exposed-tip thermocouple is made with special-limit wire for superior accuracy. The exposed tip gives the controller a fast response time for even temperatures during holds. The thermocouple is made in America to our exacting standards.
Designed for production
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.
- Max Temp: 2000° F | 1093° C
- Voltage: 120
- Amps: 15
- Phase: 1
- Hertz: 60
- Watts: 1800
- Cordset: Nema 5-15R
- Controller: Sentry Xpress 4.0 Digital 3-Key
- Kiln Type: Front Loading Square
- Sides: 4
- Chamber Volume: 0.39 CU.FT. | 11.04 Liters
- Wall Thickness (Inches): 2.5″
- Top Thickness (Inches): 2.5″
- Bottom Thickness (Inches): 2.5″
- Width Diameter: 8.5″ - 216mm
- Depth: 9.0″ - 229mm
- Height: 8.75″ - 222mm
- Outer Size: 14.0″W x 18.0"D x 20.5″H | 356W x 457D x 521H mm
- Ship Size: 28.0″W x 21.0″D x 24.0″H | 711W x 533D x 610H mm