Devilbiss 525 Oxygen Concentrator w/ Low Purity Sensor - Reconditioned (5 LPM)
Owner's Manual for 525DS
The DevilBiss 525 is a small and lightweight 5LPM Oxygen Concentrator that is proudly “MADE IN AMERICA “ by Drive-DevilBiss Inc. They are manufactured in Pennsylvania.
The 525 footprint is small, slim, sleek, attractive, lightweight design. This machine weighs 37 pounds. It features a sturdy grab handle at the top of the machine, and also a pair of recessed handles on the sides of the machine to aid in easy transportation. The smooth rolling caster wheels help the Oxygen Concentrator glide easily over most floor surfaces.
This Oxygen Concentrator has an adjustable flow meter which ranges from .5 LPM to 5 LPM that is adjustable in ½ LPM increments which can accommodate the various needs of most oxygen end users. It has a locking feature so you can make sure that the Flow Meter is never changed accidentally by the patient.
The 525DS is designed to reliably deliver 87% to 93% oxygen purity levels while in operation at any flow meter setting. The new design rotary valve features a lifetime warranty, and is designed to last for over 10 million cycles!
The 525DS is very energy efficient and economical to operate as it uses on average only 310 watts of power. Thanks to changes in the case design, the compressor benefits from added airflow. This equates to 10 to 15% lower operating temperature. Coupled with Turn Down technology which slows the operation of the compressor during low flow settings, the compressor will last up to 20% longer than previous versions. During Turn Down operation, the Oxygen Concentrator will consume only 275 watts!
This Oxygen Concentrator will provide you with several years of safe, reliable and trouble free service and is designed to operate effortlessly and efficiently on a 24/7 basis.
The sound level of the 525DS is only 48 db and is significantly quieter than earlier models of oxygen concentrators which were louder, heavier and cumbersome.
The maintenance for the Devilbiss 525DS is very simple. Weekly, on the rear of the machine is a foam filter. Simply pull it out of the holder, rinse it in your sink, let it dry and reinstall it. Annually, you will replace the foam filter, the plastic HEPA filter located behind the rear filter door. There is an internal Bacteria Filter that is a "lifetime filter" designed to last about 20,000 hours of use. It is located behind the face panel, by the flow meter. It is not required to change, but we include it with our replacement Filter Kits. No tools are required, unless you decide to replace the internal Bacteria Filter. Then you will need a T25 Torx bit.
The Devilbiss 525DS is available with a humidifier bottle option, that is used with distilled water only. This humidification moistens the high purity oxygenated air so that it minimizes the discomfort to the patients nose and throat from the air being to dry.
This oxygen concentrator is designed for home settings or at any location where a long life stationary unit can be used which operates on 120 VAC and 60 HZ.
The concentrator should never be used in conjunction with extension cords, power strips or surge protectors as it will interfere with the proper operation and potentially cause the concentrator to overheat or have other operational issues.
LOW PURITY SENSOR
OSD Oxygen Sensing Device (Low Purity Sensor) is a standard feature for the DevilBiss 525 Oxygen Concentrator. The built in OSD sensor ultrasonically measures the purity of output oxygen, to ensure that a safe oxygen level is always maintained while the Oxygen Concentrator is running. If the output of the Oxygen Concentrator drops below 82%, the green "normal" light will switch to a yellow "low o2" light will turn on. The Oxygen Concentrator will provide a visual and audible alarm to indicate that there is an unsafe condition. The user should contact OxygenPlus Customer Service to facilitate repairs or replacement of the machine.
FEATURES OF THE DEVILBISS 525DS OXYGEN CONCENTRATOR
- Model 525DS
- Lightweight and easy to transport and store at 37 lbs.
- Compact, ergonomic design takes up less space and looks less like a medical device.
- One of the quietest mainstream oxygen concentrators.
- Uses less power and produces less heat, so concentrator is more patient friendly.
- Durable Metal Cannula attachment - less likely to break
- OSD (oxygen sensing device) standard on ALL models!
- Available with and without Quiet Package (<37dbA)
- Recessed Humidifier Bottle placement helps reduce the chance of accidental breakage.
- The new DevilBiss 525DS Oxygen Concentrator features a 3 year warranty.
- 10 to 15% cooler around the compressor, due to improved air flow, means longer compressor life.
- Pressure compensated, lockable Flow Meter ensures accuracy
- Quiet and reliable Rotary valve tested to last 10 million cycles, or about 25,000 hours of use
SPECIFICATION OF THE DEVILBISS 525 OXYGEN CONCENTRATOR
- Input Voltage: 120 VAC +/- 10%
- Input Frequency: 60 Hz
- Average Power Consumption: 310 watts
- Oxygen Concentration (at 5 LPM)*: 93% (+/- 3%)
- Liter Flow: 0.5 - 5 liters per minute
- Weight: 37 lbs. (14 kg)
- Sound Level: 48 dBA typical
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 24 in. (610 mm) H x 24 in. (610 mm) W x 14 in (356 mm) D
- OSD (Oxygen Sensing Device) Alarm Levels: Low Oxygen: 82%
- Very Low Oxygen: 70%
- Operating Temperature: 55°F to 90°F (12°C to 32°C)
- Storage / Transport Humidity: -30°F to 160°F (-34°C to 71°C) up to 95% relative humidity
- Operating Humidity: up to 95% relative humidity
- Outlet Pressure: 8.5 PSI
- Operating Altitude: 0 to 7500 ft (0 to 2286 m)
- Warranty: 1 Year
CLEANING OF THE DEVILBISS 525DS OXYGEN CONCENTRATOR
Periodically, you will want to clean the exterior of your Oxygen Concentrator to keep it looking as well as it runs. It is important that you unplug the machine while cleaning it. Using a damp cloth, gently wipe the exterior of the machine. Using cleaning tools such as cotton swabs is perfectly okay, to clean the hard to reach areas. If using a medical disinfectant, make sure to follow all manufacturers instructions. Let the machine air dry before operation, as excess moisture may impair the proper operation of the device.