GMT-1014 - Skutt
Perfect Studio Size
This is our most popular kiln in the Studio Series. Its 23″ wide chamber with 14″ depth can fit the majority of projects most studio artists create. Now available with the GlassMaster Touchscreen Controller with Wi-Fi.
GlassMaster Touchscreen with Built-in Wi-Fi
Like Your Smartphone the new GMT controller navigates with just a touch of a finger and allows us to guide you through programming with full sentences, helpful icons, and dynamic navigation.
Built-in Wi-Fi makes it possible to download any software feature upgrades for free so it is like having a new Kiln Controller for the life of the kiln.
A Free App works in conjunction with the Wi-Fi and allows you to monitor your kilns temperature and status from your smartphone. Think how comforting it will be not to get out of bed to be sure your kiln shutoff as expected.
The Hinged Controller allows you to move the controller up and down to an angle that is comfortable for you to program. No more getting on your hands and knees. After programming you can push it back down so it is out of your way and easy to view from across the room.
It has the Same Functions you have come to know and love from the standard GlassMaster Controller Plus More!
- Glass Fire Mode – Allows you to easily program the kiln based on the size of the project and what you want to do with the glass. We have added COE as one of the questions it asks you so we can write programs that are specific to 96 COE, 90 COE, and Bottle Glass. We have also added Casting and Textural Fuse to the list of project types.
- Ramp/Hold Programming Mode – Allows you to easily input your own firing programs. Now you can Name Your Programs and store them in My Programs for easy access. You can even Copy Programs you like, but want to change slightly to speed up the programming process.
There are exciting New Functions that are on this controller as well.
- Guided Start – This programming Mode is meant for beginners. It guides you through every step of the programming process with Helpful Messages to make things crystal clear and give you confidence you have done everything correctly before you press Start.
- Program Library – We have added a program library with helpful programs for unique processes like Slumping Bottles, Melting Glass in a Crucible Kiln, and Annealing Borosilicate Glass.
- Help Screens – Nearly every page has a Help Button that will give you detailed information about the screen you are currently viewing. It is like having the manual right on the controller!
- More Detailed Diagnostics – We put in place more detailed diagnostic tools which make it faster to figure out what may be going on with your kiln. And, because your kiln is connected to the internet our technicians can view the data right from their desk.
- Graphing – When you press Start the controller will display a Graph of the firing so you can follow it along as the kiln goes through the program.
- Logging – The controller actually stores the information from your last 10 firings which can be downloaded to an Excel Spreadsheet.
- Upgrading to KilnLink – Adding KilnLink to your kiln just got easier and more affordable. The built-in Wi-Fi eliminates the need for expensive hardware so now all you need to do is pay a minimal monthly data storage and development fee.
Current Sensing Technology:
Skutt is one of the few brands that installs a Current Sensor in every GlassMaster Kiln. This allows you to read the Amperage of each section of the kiln as well as the Voltage and Voltage Under Load.
Now with the touch of a few buttons you can give those readings over the phone to your kiln repair technician so they can troubleshoot the problem and make sure they have the correct parts when they come out for the repair. This Saves Time and Money.
Prior to the use of these current sensors someone would have to come to your house and test the amperage and voltage inside the control box with live wires exposed. This system is Much Safer.
As most of you probably already know, glass is very susceptible to uneven heating. The more uneven the heat is in the kiln chamber, the slower you need to fire the kiln. Side fired kiln owners understand this, and are willing to trade the disadvantages of having to slow their programs down for advantages of being able to fire on multiple levels.
Our Studio Kiln Series have lid elements and side elements. This does not mean you can fire on multiple levels. The side elements are there to replenish heat on the bottom of the kiln. This not only keeps the shelf warm (which is important), it also provides for uniform heat top to bottom for artists working with deep molds and drop molds.
- Thin-walled Inconel cover equals faster reaction time and higher accuracy.
- Easy and quick to replace.
- Unlike most warranties, ours covers Parts AND Labor.
- Never Pro-Rated.
- Serviced by the most extensive, knowledgeable and talented distributor network in the industry.
- Backed by a company whose mission statement is “We help you make great things”. When your kiln is down, you can’t make great things.
The Lid Lifter:
- Now standard on all GM1014 models.
- Lift 100 lbs. with ease!
- All stainless construction.
- Easy and safe to tension.
- Warranty: Two Year Limited Warranty
- Max Temp: 1800° F | 928.2° C
- Voltage: 240
- Amps: 34
- Phase: 1
- Watts: 8140
- Cordset: NEMA 6-50
- Controller: GlassMaster Touchscreen with Built-in Wi-Fi
- Kiln Type: Top Loading
- Sides: 10
- Chamber Volume: 3.5 CU.FT. | 99.11 Liters
- Width: 23″ - 584.2mm
- Depth: 13.5″ - 343mm
- Length: 23″ - 584.2mm
- Ship Size: 36.0″L x 40.0″W x 30.0″H | 915L x 1016D x 762H mm