Paragon F120 Front Loading Digital Kiln - Width: 10.75" - Height: 7.0" - Depth: 11.0"
Paragon F-120 Digital Lamp Working Kiln
Anneal large glass pieces in the digital F-120 lamp working kiln. Raise the spring-loaded vertical-drop door to insert your piece with a punty rod. Lower the door. The punty rod extends outside the firing chamber, allowing the glass to anneal safely. This allows the glass to anneal safely.
You can make pieces up to 5” tall in the F-120. Maintain the annealing temperature with the Sentry Xpress 3-key controller.
The Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. It includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Non-Ceramic Paragon Kilns
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold. Experiment with Hold to improve color saturation of china paints.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review these features in more detail.
The F-series lid elements use a new element groove that eliminates element pins. The element coils are wider than the groove opening, so the elements stay in place without pins. The element is mounted in the top of the kiln for safety. There is no sidewall element to touch with a punty rod. With the element in the top, you can also fuse and slump glass.
Imagine the glass you could sag, slump, and fuse with this kiln. Make small bowls, pendants, earrings, cufflinks, and even bracelets. Enjoy the glittering beauty of dichroics. This kiln will give you a haven of creative enjoyment that you will enjoy for many years.
- Digital Sentry Xpress with 8 Segment Ramp-Hold, Skip Segment & Program Review
- On/off switch
- Safety pilot light
- The element groove in the roof eliminates pins.
- 2 ½” insulating refractory firebricks in the roof, walls, and bottom
- The element is seated in the top of the kiln.
- Electrical components stay cool in a slotted base. No extra stand is needed.
Ratings & Reviews
by Aaron M -
This was my first kiln and I can say it is an excellent product. The digital kiln control has many program functions from ramp modes, to delays, and annealing. This is a perfect kiln for any level of artist making pieces under a foot tall.
So Easy to use
by Chris P -
Love this kiln. I started with an old retro fitted paragon that was about 10 years old, then got an f240 and now added this to my arsenal. I ran into a problem of needed a kiln for a couple apprentices but not enough power to add another 220a kiln, this worked out perfect. Great started kiln because you will not be restricted in height. If you are doing prodo and are debating wide or tall, this baby you can get a shelf and double your floor space for your pieces. The computer is super easy to run vs some of the other manufactures out there. Love it!
GREAT KILN BUILT LIKE A TRUCK CANT GO WRONG
by james m -
ALTHOUGH I CANT SAY I PURCHASED A F-120 FROM MGA PERSONALLY; I CAN SAY THESE THINGS ARE BUILT LIKE TANKS. THIS IS THE ONE THING IN MY SHOP THAT ISNT MY BETH BRAVO THAT HASNT GIVEN ME A SINGLE PROBLEM. i HAVENT HAD A PROBLEM WHATSOEVER WITH THIS KILN AND GOT IT USED! IT ACTUALLY HAS THE MOUNTAIN GLASS ARTS LOGO ON IT SO I KNOW IT DID INITIALLY COME FROM THERE. IF YOURE ON THE FENCE BETWEEN THIS AND ANOTHER CHEAPER KILN BUY THIS ONE ITS A WORTHY INVESTMENT
by Victor L -
This will be my second F120, great kiln, my first one has taken a beating for the last 10 years from me and the previous owner, without any problems, and is still going strong, this second one is just to expand, not to replace my first one!