Janus 23 Digital Kiln - 240 Volt - Width: 22.5" - Depth: 20.25" - Paragon
Imagine the glass you could sag, slump, and fuse with this kiln. Make small bowls, pendants, earrings, cufflinks, and even bracelets in clay or glass. Make treasured gifts. When you own a Paragon kiln, you can experiment with new ideas to your heart’s content.
Glass and clay firing modes
The Paragon Janus-23 can fire both pottery and glass. Heating elements are mounted in the lid and sidewalls. Select between glass and pottery with the flip of a switch. With the switch in the glass position, heat comes from the top elements and the middle sidewall element. With the switch in the pottery position, heat comes from only the sidewall elements.
In the glass mode, fuse and sag large glass projects placed on a single shelf. In the pottery mode, fire to cone 10. You can also fire several shelves of smaller glass pieces using the pottery mode.
Advanced element grooves
The elements in the lid are mounted in a firebrick “ball” groove that eliminates element pins. The element coils are wider than the groove opening, so the elements stay in place without pins.
Spring counter-balance lid
The lid on the Janus-23 is easy to lift with the Paragon spring counter-balance. For easier maintenance, we use 2” high blank wall bricks in the top row. Since the brick is without element grooves, it is less susceptible to damage during loading.
Hinged control panel
The patented control box on the Janus-23 opens forward for easy maintenance. A folding support arm holds the box in the open position.
Heavy duty components
Wires are fastened to the elements with heat-dissipating connectors refined and proven over many years in Paragon kilns. Elements are coiled from the finest high-temperature wire available.
Refractory coating hardens the lid surface
Large, tapered peepholes offer a wide view of the firing chamber with little heat loss. The peepholes, both sides of the lid and top rim of sidewall firebrick are hardened and sealed with a special refractory coating to protect the ware from dust.
Features of the Janus 23
- Glass/pottery selection switch
- Made in America
- 3” insulating refractory firebrick walls
- Sidewall elements in dropped, recessed brick grooves are easy to replace.
- Tapered peepholes for a wide view
- A steel floor pan supports the entire brick bottom of each kiln.
- One year limited warranty
- Easy-access control box with folding support arm.
- Since the Janus-23 is designed for porcelain, it also easily fires ceramics, china paint, decals, gold and, of course, glass.
Thermocouple with “special limit” wire
The thermocouple senses temperature inside the kiln. It is the small rod that extends into the firing chamber. The ¼” wide Type-K, 14-gauge, exposed-tip thermocouple is made with special-limit wire for superior accuracy. The exposed tip gives the controller a fast response time for even temperatures during holds. The thermocouple is made in America to our exacting standards.
Designed for production
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.
- Max Temp: 2350° F | 1287° C
- Voltage: 240
- Amps: 37
- Phase: 1
- Hertz: 60
- Watts: 8918
- Cordset: NEMA 6-50R
- Controller: Sentry Digital 12-key Ceramics
- Kiln Type: Top Loading Round
- Sides: 10
- Chamber Volume: 4.64 CU.FT. | 131.39 Liters
- Width: 22.5″ - 572mm
- Depth: 20.25″ - 514mm
- Outer Size: 30.5″W x 44.0"D x 39.5″H | 775W x 1118D x 1003H mm - The external kiln height includes a 9.5" tall stand.
- Ship Size: 37.0″W x 42.0″D x 45.0″H | 940W x 1067D x 1143H mm