Janus 27 Digital Kiln - 240 Volt - Width: 28.0" - Depth: 22.25" - Paragon
The Paragon Janus-27 can fire both pottery and glass. Heating elements are mounted in the top and sidewalls.
Glass and clay firing modes
Select between glass and pottery with the flip of a switch. With the switch in the glass position, heat comes from the top elements and the middle sidewall element. With the switch in the pottery position, heat comes from only the sidewall elements.
Imagine the glass and pottery you could fire in this kiln. Make small bowls, pendants, earrings, cufflinks, and even bracelets in clay or glass. Make treasured gifts. When you own a Paragon kiln, you can experiment with new ideas to your heart’s content.
In the glass mode, fuse and sag large glass projects placed on a single shelf. In the pottery mode, fire to cone 10. You can also fire several shelves of smaller glass pieces using the pottery mode.
Advanced element grooves
The elements in the lid are mounted in a firebrick “ball” groove that eliminates element pins. The element coils are wider than the groove opening, so the elements stay in place without pins.
The lid on the Janus-27 is easy to lift with the exclusive, patented Paragon spring counter-balance. For easier maintenance, we use 2” high blank wall bricks in the top row of the Janus-27. Since the brick is without element grooves, it is less susceptible to damage during loading.
Hinged control panel
The patented control box on the Janus-27 opens forward for easy maintenance. A folding support arm holds the box in the open position.
Heavy duty components
A heavy galvanized steel base covers the reversible brick bottom completely. It folds up under the stainless case on all sides to strengthen the firing chamber. This is one more assurance that your Paragon kiln is built to last.
Wires are fastened to the elements with heat-dissipating connectors refined and proven over many years in Paragon kilns. Elements are coiled from the finest high-temperature wire available.
Refractory coating hardens the lid surface
Large, tapered peepholes offer a wide view of the firing chamber with little heat loss. The peepholes, both sides of the lid and top rim of sidewall firebrick are hardened and sealed with a special refractory coating to protect the ware from dust.
Made in America
And, of course, the Paragon Janus-27 is made in America by skilled workers. Many of them have been with Paragon for over a decade.
Features of the Janus 27
- Glass/pottery selection switch
- 3” insulating refractory firebrick walls
- Sidewall elements in dropped, recessed brick grooves are easy to replace.
- Tapered peepholes for a wide view
- A steel floor pan supports the entire brick bottom of each kiln.
- One year limited warranty
- Easy-access control box with folding support arm.
- Since the Janus-27 is designed for porcelain, it also easily fire ceramics, china paint, decals, gold and, of course, glass.
Thermocouple with “special limit” wire
The thermocouple senses temperature inside the kiln. It is the small rod that extends into the firing chamber. The ¼” wide Type-K, 14-gauge, exposed-tip thermocouple is made with special-limit wire for superior accuracy. The exposed tip gives the controller a fast response time for even temperatures during holds. The thermocouple is made in America to our exacting standards.
Designed for production
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.
- Warranty: One Year Limited Warranty
- Max Temp: 2350° F | 1287° C
- Voltage: 240
- Amps: 48
- Phase: 1
- Hertz: 60
- Watts: 11520
- Cordset: NEMA 6-50R
- Controller: Sentry Digital 12-key Ceramics
- Kiln Type: Top Loading Round
- Sides: 12
- Chamber Volume: 8.11 CU.FT. | 229.65 Liters
- Width: 28.0″ - 711mm
- Depth: 22.25″ - 565mm
- Outer Size: 36.3″W x 49.8"D x 40.0″H | 922W x 1265D x 1016H mm - The external kiln height includes a 12.25" tall stand.
- Ship Size: 47.0″W x 42.0″D x 48.0″H | 1194W x 1067D x 1219H mm