Janus Ovation Oval Digital Kiln - 240 Volt - Width: 41.5" - Height: 22.5" - Depth: 22.5" - Paragon
Glass and Pottery Firing Modes
The Paragon Janus Ovation can fire both pottery and glass. Heating elements are mounted in the top and sidewalls.
Select between glass and pottery with the flip of a switch. With the switch in the glass position, heat comes from the top elements and the middle sidewall element. With the switch in the pottery position, heat comes from only the sidewall elements.
In the glass mode, fuse and sag large glass projects placed on a single shelf. In the pottery mode, fire to cone 10. You can also fire several shelves of smaller glass pieces in pottery mode.
If you have been firing a smaller kiln, you will be amazed at the space inside the Janus Ovation. Fire large projects such as bowls or platters in one load. Imagine how many clay or glass pendants you could fire in the Janus Ovation. As you can see, production loads can quickly pay for this kiln.
Patented dual spring-assisted lid lifters transfer the weight of the lid to a massive hinge assembly on the back of the kiln. This reduces the stress on the kiln wall to give your kiln the long life that Paragon kilns are famous for. The truss and floating lid system allow for expansion of the lid. Ask competitors if their lid spring system includes a floating lid.
Pinless Lid Elements
The elements in the lid are mounted in a firebrick “ball” groove that eliminates element pins. The element coils are wider than the groove opening, so the elements stay in place without pins. The groove dissipates heat efficiently. The lid element grooves and inner lid surface are coated with a special hardener for long life.
The patented control box on the Janus Ovation opens forward for easy maintenance. A folding support arm holds the box in the open position for your convenience. The control box is finished in durable high temperature, blue water-base paint. We chose water-base paint because of the low emissions during spraying. This creates a safer working environment for our employees and cuts down on pollution.
A heavy galvanized steel base completely covers the reversible brick bottom. Tabs on the steel base fold up inside the stainless case on all sides to strengthen the firing chamber. This is one more assurance that your Paragon kiln is built to last.
Two kiln stands are included with your Janus Ovation. The stands are complete with mar-proof plastic feet and tall enough to accommodate the optional Orton Vent Master.
Wires are fastened to the elements with heat-dissipating connectors refined and proven over many years in Paragon kilns. Crimpless element connectors are easy to install and are included with replacement elements.
Made in America
And, of course, the Paragon Janus Ovation is made in the U.S. by skilled workers.
Features of the Janus Ovation Oval Kiln
- Glass/pottery selection switch
- 3” insulating refractory firebrick walls
- Sidewall elements in dropped, recessed brick grooves are easy to replace.
- Two tapered peepholes for a wide view with little heat loss
- A steel floor pan supports the entire brick bottom of each kiln.
- One year limited warranty
- Easy-access control box with folding support arm.
- Since the Janus Ovation is designed for porcelain, it also easily fires ceramics, china paint, decals, gold and, of course, glass.
- Heavy gauge stainless steel case
- Coated lid, peepholes and rim of firebricks
Thermocouple with “special limit” wire
The thermocouple senses temperature inside the kiln. It is the small rod that extends into the firing chamber. The ¼” wide Type-K, 14-gauge, exposed-tip thermocouple is made with special-limit wire for superior accuracy. The exposed tip gives the controller a fast response time for even temperatures during holds. The thermocouple is made in America to our exacting standards.
Designed for production
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.
- Warranty: One Year Limited Warranty
- Max Temp: 2350° F | 1287° C
- Voltage: 240
- Amps: 67
- Phase: 1
- Hertz: 60
- Watts: 16000
- Cordset: Direct
- Controller: Sentry Digital 12-key Ceramics
- Kiln Type: Top Loading Square
- Sides: 4
- Chamber Volume: 11.40 CU.FT. | 322.81 Liters
- Width: 22.5″ - 572mm
- Depth: 22.25″ - 572mm
- Length: 41.5″ - 1054mm
- Outer Size: 57.0″W x 39.0"D x 44.5″H | 1448W x 991D x 1130H mm - The external kiln height includes a 12.25" tall stand.
- Ship Size: 57.0″W x 47.0″D x 50.0″H | 1448W x 1194D x 1270H mm