SC3 Digital Kiln w/ Bead Door & Window - 120 Volt - Width: 7.75" - Height: 7.75" - Depth: 8.0" - Paragon
The digital SC-3 kiln fires Art Clay Silver and PMC silver clays, decals, china paint, enameling, and glass in minutes up to 2000°F. The SC-3 is popular with seminar teachers because it fires so fast and plugs into a 120 volt outlet.
A kiln with a long history
The SC-3 has been in production since 1998. It is a proven design that we have steadily refined every year. Artists in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Japan love their SC-3.
The SC-3, for a digital kiln, is surprisingly affordable. It fires automatically at the rate and temperature you enter. A large, brightly lit display prompts for firing rate, temperature and hold time. Use the hold feature to automatically soak any type of clay silver to its recommended time.
Fast kiln, with ventilated case
The ceramic fiber firing chamber is wrapped in a steel inner case. The outer steel case remains cool due to the layer of air between it and the inner case. In addition, the case is slotted for air circulation. Electrical components, located in the base, stay cool even at extended hold times. A powerful rare earth magnet holds the bead door open.
The 6 1/2” wide bead door includes a brushed stainless steel mandrel holder. The 1” x 3” window is beveled for a wide view of the kiln interior. Watch your project turn bright red through the window, which is guaranteed up to 1700°F. (Note: Always wear firing safety glasses when viewing the kiln interior.)
The fast firing element is embedded in the firing chamber shell. It includes a top vent for lost wax casting.
The SC-3 has separate heating elements in the left and right sides of the firing chamber. The back of the chamber has no element. This results in improved heat distribution, because heat does not build up in the back of the kiln.
Each SC-3 includes a 1/4” thick ceramic fiber shelf.
Features of the SC-3
- On/off safety switch
- Door opens 180 degrees for easy loading
- The case is slotted for air circulation
- Electrical components in the base stay cool even at extended hold times
- The embedded element heats from the two sides
- Top vent complete with tapered plug for lost wax casting
- Includes a 1/4” thick ceramic fiber shelf
- Glass window
The Amazing Digital Controller
The reliable Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with exciting features. It includes two firing modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Non-Ceramic Paragon Kilns
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold. Experiment with Hold to improve color saturation of china paints.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- A Quick Start Guide to place near your kiln as a handy reference
Designed for production
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.
- Max Temp: 2000° F | 1093° C
- Voltage: 120
- Amps: 15
- Phase: 1
- Hertz: 60
- Watts: 1800
- Cordset: Nema 5-15R
- Controller: Sentry Xpress 4.0 Digital 3-Key
- Kiln Type: Front Loading Square
- Sides: 4
- Chamber Volume: 0.28 CU.FT. | 7.93 Liters
- Wall Thickness (Inches): 2.5″
- Top Thickness (Inches): 2.5″
- Bottom Thickness (Inches): 2.5″
- Width Diameter: 7.75″ - 197mm
- Depth: 8.0″ - 203mm
- Height: 7.75″ - 197mm
- Outer Size: 13.3″W x 14.0"D x 17.0″H | 338W x 356D x 432H mm
- Ship Size: 22.0″W x 17.0″D x 19.0″H | 559W x 432D x 483H mm