Skutt Scarab Glass Master 33 with Secondary Point Rests - 27"W - 16"H - 12"D
- 3 Doors with adjustable point rests designed for working with Borosilicate Glass.
- Wooden handles stay cool, making it easy to operate the doors.
- Independent center door allows you to work with larger diameter tubing.
- Designed by noted lampworking artist Marcel Braun.
- Multiple handles for easy moving.
- Scarab operates on a 40 amp breaker (XL on a 60 amp breaker)
- Comes standard with GlassMaster 33 Controller, a 4 button controller specifically designed for flameworkers who want to anneal borosilicate glass.
- The GlassMaster 33 allows you to design and store up to 4 custom programs with up to 8 segments per program.
- Comes standard with fan cooled, solid state relays for longer life and dependability.
- Also available in 208V and 3 PH configurations. Call the factory for details.
|Model||Phase||Volts||Amps||Watts||Temp F||Cubic Feet||Opening||Depth||Wire Size||Breaker Size||NEMA Receptacle||Ship Weight|
|SCARAB KILN||1||240V||27A||6480W||Cone , 1700 F||3||27.00 x 16.00 inches||12 inches||8||40||6-50||460 lbs|
Skutt Website - Scarab Specs
Ratings & Reviews
by Tyler S -
These kilns are the best. I got mine second hand, for really cheap. The door doesnt fully close at the top but i have read that the manufacturing problem that caused it has been corrected years ago. My electric bill went up quite a bit. The controller is so nice, i used to mess with all sorts of settings on my other kilns but i let this one do its thing. Its all programmed for boro and ready to go. I got a 41" wide rolling toolbox as a stand(just a little bit more epensive that the official stand) and you can keep all of your color, ground joints, extra tools organized nicely.
by Aaron r -
Have only just set this kiln up but I have to say I love it already. The controller is super user friendly easy to run easy to strike. The secondary point rest is easy to adjust making setting handles down a breeze and no worries of things sliding around when you open the doors. Counter weights on the doors make it nice and easy to get in and out of the kiln quickly. Bought this kiln thinking it will be the last kiln I will need for a long time and now I am just more reassured that this kiln will last me through projects for many years to come without outgrowing it. highly recommended!
by geoffery b -
I love it the fab thing i have in my studio i base in new Zealand and with lots help from the team at mountain glass art it made it here safe.
Best kiln in the game, duh! If you can buy it, you wont be disappointed.